So I've read, in many of my parenting books, that a child's view of life is typically formed between age 5 & 7. So I wanted to come up with the life lessons that I want my children to learn; and, hopefully to "set in" by the time they are age 5. Here's hoping!1. Life is good and worth living even through the difficult times.
2. Bad things do happen to good people; what makes you good is how you handle those times.
3. You are valuable and have special things to offer life and others. No one else is like you, so appreciate your uniqueness.
4. All people are valuable and part of the body of life….like a body, life would not work without the different talents and personalities of all.
5. All people deserve to be loved and forgiven. Don’t you want to be?
6. Each person is different and difference should be respected. Difference brings color into our lives. Allow others to be themselves; don’t force them to be you.
7. Work hard so that you have something to be proud of.
8. Emotions are a good thing, as long as we don’t hurt others expressing them.
9. Love your body and take good care of it…be healthy.
10. Relationships are what make life fun! Always be a good friend by taking interest in their life, being trustworthy, being compassionate and never judging.
11. Surround yourself with positive people who have your best interest in mind.
12. While on your path to following your dreams, if you fail or hit a wall, take a detour, don’t just stop.
13. Always be grateful for what you have!
14. Your family will always love you, and there is nothing you can do to stop that!
15. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices for what’s important…but it’s always worth it!
16. Always admit your faults, no one is perfect.
17. Be a giving person…having the desire to give means you care about others.