Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Twins 1st birthday

So, I'm planning the twins 1st birthday party and doing a sports theme...#1 All-Stars. Here is a picture of the invitations I made & sent out. We are going to have a football field, soccer field, basketball court, baseball field and cheerleading area of course! I am having a lot of fun planning it...it will be fun for the kids with prizes and yummy treats, but it will also be fun for the adults since it's a cookout. Hopefully the weather will cooperate or else we'll all be in the garage. Anyway, I also made a registry for the boys...is that tacky? I just thought if people didn't know what to get them (not that they have to get them anything because we have everything we need), then they would have a resource. It's under my Amazon wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/TJL89VZ9PU08/ref=cm_wl_sortbar_o_page_1?ie=UTF8&filter=all&sort=priority&layout=standard&reveal=unpurchased&page=1 But I'm not sure what boys like or will want since I'm a girl and have 2 older girls. If you have any boys, check out the registry and let me know if I'm missing any great "gems". Thanks! And I'll post after the party with lots of pictures!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Holly-
Your party sounds like it is going to be so fun. You are so creative. I will be praying that the weather cooperates for you too. I am sure you will have so many creative ideas that it won't matter rain or shine. I think it is helpful to have a list of stuff or things of gift ideas. I know that it helps me when I am looking for gifts. I would rather buy something someone wants their kids to have rather than something they don't. Kian got that scoop and dump truck for his 1st birthday too. He didn't quite get it at first but now he loves it. Toys are so hard because, well I guess I should just say for Kian, he has such a short attention span that he doesn't pay attention to one particular item more than others. I guess his favorites would be Thomas trains and tracks and his Mack truck from the movie Cars. He does like putting track together and playing with the trains so maybe that would be something good for them. I know there are other train sets besides Thomas ones if you don't want them into Thomas. When I didn't have Kian and saw kids playing with Thomas I thought it was nerdy and now I have a kid that loves Thomas!! go figure!! haha Well have fun planning. I think thats my favorite part of parties. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for your input Chrissy. Most moms with young children probably wouldn't need a registry to look off of, but I was thinking about my family and grandparents who haven't had young children in a while...I was hoping a registry would be helpful to them without being tacky.

But planning is always the most fun for me...well, also when I see people enjoying a party that I created, that makes me very happy too!

We have bought a train table for the boys. I got it for them at Christmas but haven't set it up yet because they aren't old enough...it's like a Thomas set (wood) and on a table. When did Kian start playing with trains?