Pages

Monday, June 22, 2009

Twins #1 All-Star Birthday Party


So, yesterday was the twins birthday party! I started planning it about a month ago, and to me, that's the fun part. It wasn't that stressful because I bought everything during that month and made everything I could 2 weeks in advance so that I wouldn't be rushed. We ate traditional sports food: hot dogs, hamburgers, potato salad, cotton candy, peanuts, cracker jack, sunflower seeds, chex mix, gatorade, lemonade, ect. We asked all the parents for "vital statistics" about their child and then introduced the "players" one by one. Then they could play whatever game they wanted (all the instructions were written on the back of that sport's sign) and get a sticker after achieving the goal. Once they got 5 stickers, we had an award ceremony where they got a medal. Then we ate dinner...yum, yum! We also had yummy cupcakes and opened presents. My only disappointment is how little time I got to spend with my kids. Hosting a party always keeps you busy, so I do wish I had had more time with them....so today we spent the whole day on the slip-n-slide having fun! Anyway, hope you enjoy the video!

4 comments:

Kellie said...

so much fun!! the video was great! the party was so fun. it was great for the kids. they had a blast. caelyn had fun playing with sophia.

the photos of the boys with their cupcakes are great!! there's one of george where he's got a huge grin that's just fantastic. made me laugh out loud. the one of you and the girls is super cute, too!

love you and your fabulous parties and ideas!

Autumn said...

Oh my goodness! You outdid yourself!! that looked AMAZING! I am so sorry we missed it!!! You should start your own business someday. I really can't believe you did all that. WOW, thats all I've got to say... but really should I expect anything less from you???

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

what a great video! you really did a wonderful job on this party. the kids had so much fun!! way to go team!