OK, so for you moms out there who are hosting a Valentine's Day playdate or a school party, here are a few ideas for you....
- Make valentine’s day cards using cardstock, stickers, glue, glitter, ribbons or any stamps or extra things you have lying around the house.
- Color or paint coloring pages of hearts and cupids.
- Prior to Valentine’s Day, make or purchase buckets or mailboxes for your kids to fill with goodies the morning of the Day. (candy, cards, toys, ect.)
- Host a playdate where all the kids bring valentine’s day cards and fill up each other’s bags so they get a lot of “mail”!
- Pin the arrow on the heart game.
- Send kids to school with hidden love note in their lunch or backpack
Decorations should be kept to a simple color scheme of red/pink/white or red/black/white:
- Make a felt or paper heart banner over windows, fireplace, doorways, ect.
- Make a heart chandelier. Using fishing line, dangle small cut out hearts from chandelier.
- Display balloons or paper pompoms.
- Hang a heart piñata full of valentine’s day candy.
- You can use clear jars or vases full of valentine’s day candy as centerpieces for your table.
- Step it up a knotch by wrapping thick red ribbon around chairs or candles.
- Line table with craft paper and stamp red hearts on it.
- Candy hearts
- Heart shaped cookies
- Heart shaped melon, watermelon
- Heart shaped jello jigglers
- Cheese shaped hearts and crackers
- Heart shaped sandwiches: pb&J, turkey & cheese, ect.
- Pink lemonade or Fruit Punch
- Strawberry shortcake
- Hershey “kiss” cookies
- Heart shaped lollipops
- Heart shaped rice crispy treats
- Brownies covered in red icing
Let’s face it, Valentine’s day is for the woman! Guy can take Sweetest Day or Groundhog Day if they want, but this day is all about us gals!
- Breakfast in bed
- Homemade Valentine ’s Day cards
- Night In
- Romantic weekend getaway at a bed-in-breakfast or hotel or spa
- Reservations at a great restaurant
- Romantic movie
- Send flowers!
- Play strip Twister or some fun game!
- Scavenger hunt
- Coupon book
- Read each other poetry
- Roses or tulips in a vase filled with coordinating colored candies!
- Candles – all food and people look better under candlelight!
- Linens and pillows
- Romantic music
- New bed linens – good thread count!
- Door wreath
- Tomatoe bisque soup
- Cherry covered brie
- Chocolate covered strawberries
- Heart shaped pepperoni pizza
- Their favorite meal
- Red sauce and pasta
- Red wine & champagne
- Aphrodisiacs foods like: alcohol, asparagus, bananas, caviar, champagne, chocolate, figs, oysters, truffles, almonds, avocado, basil and honey
Clothing is simple….Lingerie!
- Host a Pure Romance party and laugh it up!
- Host a “Love Bite’s” party for girls only with all your single friends.